A healthy, vegan salad that you can make with vegetables in season, canned or frozen.
- (2) 15 oz cans of black eye peas, drained
- (1) Cup fresh or frozen corn
- (1) Cup Rotel® tomatoes and diced green chiles, drained
- 1/2 of a yellow bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 Cup red onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
Whisk together olive oil and vinegars - set aside. Prep all of your vegetables, and mix together in a large bowl. Mix in oil and vinegar mixture -salt and pepper to taste.Let sit overnight in refrigerator, then serve.